Friday, February 15, 2013

Hire the Pro

I had a photo shoot for new headshots today. I hired a respected photographer and had a hair and makeup artist present for the entire shoot and it was worth every penny. I hear stories of actors who attempt to shoot their own photos, or even ladies who do their own makeup, and I think they're insane. These are business tools. Why would you cheap out on them? Jeez, don't bother if you're not going to do it right.

I might also add that the makeup artist provided extra value by recommending products (some even cheap) and showing me little tricks. He even showed me the best way to blow out my hair. I would call him in a minute if I had an occasion or really important audition.

They always say to hire a pro for things around the house. I would absolutely extend that to photographers and makeup artists, if you need the pix for work. DIY is not always the best policy!

No comments:

Post a Comment