Monday, September 29, 2014

Curry in a Sort-Of Hurry

I'm on an Indian food kick.  I made Chicken Tikka Masala last night, which came out really well and put me in the mood to try making a vindaloo.  We love hot and spicy food and I've always heard that vindaloo is "burn your face off" hot, but the time I tried it in a restaurant I wasn't even fazed.  Am I immune to the spice or did I just get a tame batch?  We'll find out tonight when I try a recipe I found online.

While putting together my shopping list I found I was almost out of curry powder.  I remembered the story of my mother-in-law's Pakistani friend who chastised her for buying curry powder, since making your own is not difficult.  I found a recipe and decided to give it a try.  It involved toasting and grinding some spices, but was indeed easy and I now have a TON of curry powder.  And the kitchen smells nice!


No comments:

Post a Comment