Thursday, April 9, 2015

Betty Crocker Hostess Cookbook

The Virtual Mad Men Finale Party inspired me and I remain all about "Mad Men," food and drink-wise. In this shot of Betty Draper Francis' kitchen you can see that her copy of the Betty Crocker Hostess Cookbook is within easy reach of the stove.  




That book happens to be a favorite of mine, so I pulled it out and have chosen a few dishes to make. I started last night with Lobster Newberg, which sounds fancy, but in this case mainly involves canned and prepared ingredients.  Betty Crocker suggests serving it in heart croustades, for Valentine's Day, but I opted for mashed cauliflower. I have to hand it to Ms. Crocker (yes, I know she's not a real person, but she's real to me) - it was good, particularly since I bumped up the spices quite a bit. If only we had some friends dropping in for bridge night or a light supper and charades... 


Bon appetit!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment