Wednesday, October 28, 2015

It's Frustrating Being The "Little Guy"

When you have a show on YouTube you're at YouTube's mercy.

I uploaded a new episode yesterday and periodically check our views throughout the day, to see how many people are watching. This afternoon I checked and our view count had dropped since the morning.

How is that even possible? People unwatched it?!

It is so frustrating. It's frustrating when you pour your heart and soul into your show and something like this happens. Not only do I feel like they don't care about us, it's almost as if we're being targeted. I know we're not, since we're not important enough to even target, but it does start to feel that way.

I'm just glad we have other platforms, in addition to YouTube. We're on iTunes, which gives people another way to watch and subscribe, plus several public TV stations throughout the country download our show. We've even had people tell us they saw the show on TV, which tickles us tremendously.

That is fantastic and I'm grateful. But I'm not going to lie: we need YouTube numbers to get sponsors. Which means we need our views to NOT disappear.

Sigh.


No comments:

Post a Comment