Saturday, May 21, 2016

Hawaii Five-O Happy Hour

Friday night was the end of an era, as we watched the series finale of the original Hawaii Five-O. We started in 2008 and it became a Friday night happy hour tradition. Any time we were home on a Friday night we watched, in order, from the very beginning through season 12. I'm a little sad to see it end, but Columbo awaits! I've been thinking about it and I don't have a particular favorite episode. My favorite thing to do during Hawaii Five-O is to still frame on an extra's fabulous frock or a tiki in a bar or an especially fancy cocktail. I'm geeky that way. I will also confess to loving the entire series, even after Danno left for greener pastures, and including the paranormal episodes (though I was incensed when Chin Ho Kelly got killed in the line of duty). The good episodes are great, but the bad ones are pretty entertaining, too!

Here's to Hawaii Five-O! Steve McGarrett may not have touched alcohol (a point he made repeatedly), but that doesn't stop us from drinking copious amounts of rum out of his mug!


The McGarrett 2
(Serves 2)

2 oz dark Jamaican rum
2 oz amber rum
1 oz guanabana liqueur
1 oz pineapple juice
1 oz black cherry juice
1/2 fresh lemon juice
Four dashes lemon bitters

Combine all ingredients in a McGarrett mug with ice and stir.



So long, Steve!




No comments:

Post a Comment