Friday, October 21, 2016

Analgesic For An Atrocious Day

Yesterday was one of those epic Bad Days. Not only did someone cancel an appointment I'd been anxiously anticipating for six weeks (back to the drawing board) while another was delayed, but I was fasting for a blood test while already not feeling great, so that in the midst of my disappointment I was physically weak and practically hallucinating. Middletown and New York City lose all of their charm on days like that. Fortunately Paul was home and ready to greet me with this lovely libation when I walked through the door at the end of the day. I call it the Bitter End.


Bitter End

1 1/2 oz vodka
1/2 oz Amaro Sfumato Rabarbaro (rhubarb amaro)
1/2 oz fresh lime juice
1/2 oz ginger syrup (recipe below)

Shake all ingredients with ice and strain into a cocktail glass. Don't waste time garnishing after a bad day!

To make your own ginger syrup, combine one part strong ginger tea made from fresh ginger root with one part simple syrup (which is one part water and one part sugar - combine over low heat until sugar is dissolved without boiling). Store in the refrigerator.

As the saying goes, alcohol never solved any problems, but neither did milk!

No comments:

Post a Comment