Monday, January 8, 2018

Decking the Halls...for Winter?!

We put away most of our Christmas decor over the weekend, a process which is slightly traumatic for me because there is just so much of it, not to mention the fact that I'm always a little sad to see the holidays end. That's why I've taken, in recent years, to leaving selected items in place. It makes the frozen hell that is New York right now seem a little less gloomy. Today is Elvis Presley's birthday, so the Elvis tree remains in place at least until the end of the week:


The snowman blow molds are also sticking around for the season. They not only make us happy, they're a valuable source of light on a gray day like today!



I've also kept a pink tree in place, which I'll be decorating soon for Valentine's Day. I haven't quite decided what to do for March yet. A Mud Season tree? Maybe a green tree, for St. Patrick's Day? Stay tuned!


2 comments:

  1. I love that Elvis tree! We are celebrating the holiday by watching a video of his Hawaii concert in all his white-jumpsuit-glory, which is my favorite Elvis as well.

    ReplyDelete