Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Packing

I just pulled out my suitcases, so that I can begin trying to figure out how much I can realistically pack and carry myself to Tiki Oasis and how much I'm going to have to ship ahead.  Oh, boy, this is going to be tougher than I thought.  First of all, my poor, falling apart (I admit it was cheap) suitcase is heavy even with nothing in it.  When I cram it with clothes, shoes, hair curlers, jewelry, recipe cards, kitchen items, decor, swizzle sticks and sundry other items it will no doubt weigh more than me.  I'm trying to overlook the fact that several of the seams are a little worn.  I'm hoping NOT to have to resort to duct tape, but better that than having to jump onto the luggage carousel to collect my belongings. 

As for the carry on, I hope the small suitcase I have will pass the size test.  I need every bit of this space and more.

I'm glad I have a week to work this out.  Or at least to fret.

No comments:

Post a Comment