Monday, July 22, 2013

Great weekend!

We had a great weekend, featuring a couple of roadfood destinations!  As part of our quest to sample the great hot dogs of the US, we stopped at Wein-O-Rama, in Cranston, Rhode Island, for New York System Wieners, a Little Rhody specialty.  I LOVED this place!  The food was great and cheap!  Between us we got three wieners, a side of fries and two drinks and the grand total came to $12.10.  I will be back there at the next opportunity!




We also indulged in another Rhode Island delicacy, an always great Del's frozen lemonade:



Sunday we attended the Mode Merr Fashion Brunch Spectacular in NYC.  It was a great day of entertainment and shopping at the Highline Ballroom.  We'd never been there before and I was amazed at how inexpensive the food and drinks were (by NYC standards, anyway).  I really hope they do it again next year!

You'd think I'd be exhausted today, but I'm inspired!  I'm working on the symposium I'm teaching at Tiki Oasis, in San Diego, next month.  I have lots more pictures to take, but it's coming together!


No comments:

Post a Comment