Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Boston Episode Online and Fuzzy Navel Pie

We have a new "Velveteen Lounge Kitsch-en" episode online, featuring a trip to Boston!  I'm especially proud of my recipe for Molasses Flood Baked Beans, which are not something you can decide to serve at the last minute, but are definitely worth the wait!

Velveteen Lounge Kitsch-en: A Trip to Boston


One of my latest obsessions is going through the many, many, many boxes in our attic and pulling stuff out, incorporating it into our collections, getting rid of trash, and donating the things we don't want or need.  Much of this is family stuff, since we have leavings from the homes of three of my family members, as well as Paul's mother.  One of these boxes yielded a scrapbook filled with newspaper clippings of recipes, culled from a period of about 30 years.  I made a broccoli chowder from one of these clippings the other night (Los Angeles Times, 1981) and soon I plan to try this boozy pie, straight out of the disco era:


Do you think perhaps this recipe originated with the Hiram Walker Company? ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment