Friday, November 1, 2013

Thanksgiving

I love Halloween and we had a really nice one last night at home, handing out candy to trick-or-treaters and watching the "Paul Lynde Halloween Special" and the "CHiPs" Halloween episode, "Rock, Devil, Rock."  I pulled together a costume at the last minute, by putting on a wig, using eyeliner for lipstick and vice versa and sticking some leis in my hair.


However, I'm REALLY excited because it's Thanksgiving season!  I love Thanksgiving, both because we get to host and because it's the kickoff of the holiday season for real, which is my favorite time of the year (just as long as it doesn't snow when we have to drive anywhere).  I'm mixing up our Thanksgiving menu a little this year, adding a Waldorf salad (hold the mayo - this recipe calls for walnut oil) and another meat, since we learned at Plimoth Plantation that the menu at the first Thanksgiving was more or less "Meat, meat and more meat!"  I'm thinking salmon...





No comments:

Post a Comment