Thursday, February 23, 2017

Tonight I'm Gonna Party Like It's 1976

I have to hand it to the Southern Comfort Corporation. Back in the 1970s, at least, they were certainly prolific with the free cocktail guides that one could pick up in liquor stores. We have a bunch of them, with themes ranging from the singles scene to astrology, although the cocktails were steadfastly identical. The one I'm enjoying today is the Spirit of '76 Happy Hour Barguide (published in 1975, but whatever). It was picked up at Haxton's Tollgate, in Warwick, RI, (the name is stamped on the back) which means it most likely comes to us via my mother-in-law, and is a delightful time capsule of cocktails. Here are a few select pages, including "the Secret of the 'pros'" for making drinks (hint: use SoCo) and "recipes for the newest hit drinks!"





Now I'm thirsty!

No comments:

Post a Comment