Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Pumpkin Crazy

Fall always makes me go pumpkin crazy! Suddenly everything I make seems to feature pumpkin, which is kind of funny, since I typically buy the canned, which is available all year long. Lately I've made pumpkin bread, pumpkin soup, our current episode features pumpkin nachos (click here to watch) and tonight I made pumpkin pizza. I figured I'd continue in this vein until Thanksgiving, after which my thoughts will turn to winter fruits and veggies. However, I learned today that there may be a canned pumpkin shortage this year, due to failures with the pumpkin crops! Our Thanksgiving guests won't have to worry, as Paul has secured a number of cans and we will therefore not be pumpkin pie-less on the big day. Whew! However, I'm sure I'll grab another can or two every time I hit the supermarket. Let the pumpkin hoarding begin!

Pumpkin Pizza. They'll pry my pumpkin cans from my cold, dead hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment