Wednesday, June 29, 2016

A Visit To My Beloved California

I grew up in Southern California and anyone who talks to me for more than 30 seconds knows that I plan to move back there as soon as it's feasible with job situations and all of that kind of stuff. So any chance to visit makes me very happy. We just returned from VidCon, a three-day convention at the Anaheim Convention Center for anyone who loves online video, from studio heads to content creators to fans who are there to see their favorite stars. We were on the "Creator" track, so we saw lots of panel discussions, met many fabulous folks and learned tons.

I wonder how many of us posted pix in this exact spot on Instagram?
Of course, one can only sit through so many panel discussions before fatigue sets in...

Panel discussion fatigue

So we managed to squeeze in fun trips to the recently reopened Clifton's Cafeteria in downtown LA, many drinks at Trader Sam's at the Disneyland Hotel, and of course a Disneyland day. Disneyland is in my top three of favorite places on earth, so I'm always in heaven there. And we shot video for two episodes of the show, including one at the fabulous, Elvis-themed Azteca Restaurant and Lounge in Garden Grove, AND for the short horror film we're making! We also managed to see wonderful friends for breakfasts, lunches and Dole Whips. So we were very busy, but we loved every minute of it! Well, not every minute. I lost my phone, which was a bit disturbing. But that was a mere blip on an otherwise fabulous trip!

Clifton's Cafeteria

The first of many drinks at Trader Sam's

The fabulous Azteca Restaurant & Lounge

Posters from Elvis films at Azteca
Next up: San Diego in August!

No comments:

Post a Comment